Do you miss having vital ports on laptop? Make do with USB-C hubs.
Alxum has a few of these hubs, one of which is the 8-in-1 USB-C hub. The Alxum 8-in-1 USB-C hub is one of those necessary peripherals that allows you to connect eight external devices to your USB-C equipped laptop or tablet. It contains the following ports: Ethernet port, VGA port, USB-C data/100 W Power Delivery 3.0 passthrough charging port, SD card slot, two USB 3.0 (or USB 3.1 Gen 1 or USB 3.2 Gen 1) Type-A ports, HDMI port, and 3.5 mm audio jack. All worked well for you and you will like the flexibility of being able to use the USB-C port to transfer data or charge up to 100W using the USB-C passthrough charging.
1. 1-USB-C port supports:
- USB Power Delivery (USB PD) Revision 3.0 Version 1.1 and can charge and connect with multiple peripherals simultaneously
- USB PD Profile 4, maximum power output up to 100 W (20 v/5 A); this USB Type-C hub reserves 5W for its own power consumption
- data transfer rate up to 5 Gbps
data transfer rate up to 480Mbps
3. 2-USB 3.0 Type-A ports support:
- data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
- USB 2.0/USB 1.1 (it’s backward compatible with these)
- HDMI 1.4 output (supports 4K@30Hz resolution)
- HDCP 1.4
Full HD 1080P resolution
6. 1-3.5 mm audio jack supports:
48 kHz with a 16-bit sampling rate
7. 1-Ethernet RJ45 jack supports:
- 1 Gbps speed
- Wake-on-LAN, half/full-duplex, and power management
- IPv4/IPv6 pack Checksum Offload Engine (COE) to reduce CPU loading
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
- Plug and play, no driver needed
“Supports HDMI 4K 3840×2160@30Hz and VGA 1080P@60Hz. HDMI and VGA output ports can work simultaneously, max resolution 1080P@60Hz. Mirror or extend your screen to HDTVs, monitors, or projectors – up to THREE screens.”
You are able to use all of the ports simultaneously. And the Alxum hub does have a USB-C 100 W PD/data port.
All-in-all, it's a nice hub. The USB-C port can be used as a data port or a pass-through charging port (up to 100 W minus the 5 W that the hub needs to power itself).