- Solution: For Data Transfer, back up, copy for IDE/SATA drive.
- Instructions: Plug and Play, Driver FREE, Put adapter and hard drive lying flat on the table and then connect, plug with 12V 2A power cable. (For providing stable electricity supply, and the 4PIN Power Cable is designed for 3.5'' IDE drive)
- "One-Touch Backup" （OTB）button: Install the OTB Software CD with products, or go to DRIVERS DOWNLOAD Page for AX-SC011 OTB download to install, preferring instead to copy selected files to/from the external drive. OTB not compatible with Linux and Mac OS.
Question 1: Need Driver?
This is a hard drive adapter with plug and play, no driver needed, if your computer is pop up that driver install needed when connecting, that means computer OS lacks'' USB mass storage drive'', please ensure your device have install ''USB mass storage drive'' before using.
Question 2: Works on Windows 10?
Anwser: Yes, Compatible with Windows 10/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (32/64-bit). Mac OS 10.10 or higher.
Question 3: Works for Game Box like PS4 pro?
Anwser: Yes, Compatible with 2.5"/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD, 2.5"/3.5" IDE HDD, CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD+RW, DVD-RW. If the SATA hard drive you connected to the adapter is the format which your PS4 pro can support, then this USB3.0 to IDE/SATA adapter will work with it.
Question 4: How to use three hard drive simultaneously?
Anwser: Support with two IDE and a SATA hard drives simultaneously, If not, Please set the 3.5'' IDE to be the slave drive based on the instruction on the hard drive.
Question 5: Why computer did not recognize USB device when connecting?
- A. Please retry with another computer or USB devices.
- B. Go to Device Manager, expand [Universal Serial Bus Controllers], right-click [update] all items under it. Then unplug & plug the USB cable or restart the PC.
- C. If step B doesn't work, please right-click uninstall all items under USB. Then click on Action (top menu) and Scan for hardware changes to bring it back. Then unplug & plug the USB cable or restart the PC.
Question 6: How to do if hook everything up as directed then click on pc and the drive shows up but nothing, sometimes it will say computer not responding?
Answer: If the hard drive does not show up under Windows explorer, please go to Disk Management, right click the Disk and chose "Change Derive Letter and Paths", then change or add a drive letter for the disk.
Seach video on YouTube to see how to use: Hard Drive Adapter USB 3 0 to 2.5" 3.5" IDE/SATA IDE wow! Unboxing and Review.
If you still have question for using this SATA / IDE Hard Drive Adapter, please feel free to contact Alxum Support: email@example.com, we will assist you to slove the problem.
If you're also interested:
How to use IDE/SATA Adapter?
Why do you need an IDE to SATA Adapter?